In becoming a 501 (c) (6) association, the Alliance has established three classes of membership to underscore its emphasis as a clinical multidisciplinary trade association.
This new structure emphasizes that the Alliance represents clinical organizations by separating them from the other membership categories due to their authority to vote on workplan and policy issues.
Clinical Association Membership
This category includes clinical, physician and patient associations or organizations that provide voluntary financial support or in kind contribution to the Alliance. They have the power and authority to vote on the Alliance’s workplan and on the Alliance’s substantive policy positions. They include the following:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- American College of Hyperbaric Medicine
- American College of Phlebology
- American College of Wound Healing and Tissue Repair
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Professional Wound Care Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Venous Forum
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Dermatology Nurses Association
- National Association for Home Care and Hospice
- Society for Vascular Medicine
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society
Non Clinical Association Membership
These are non-clinical organizations that support the Alliance by providing comments and suggestions to the Alliance’s workplan and the Alliance’s substantive policy positions but do not have voting rights. They also provide financial support to the Alliance. They include:
- American Association of Wound Care Management
- Coalition of Wound Care Manufacturers
Business Entity Membership
These are business organizations other than associations who demonstrate a compelling interest in the treatment of patients with wounds and provide financial support to the Alliance. They support the Alliance by providing comments and suggestions to the workplan and in policy positions but do not have voting rights. They include:
- Alliqua Biomedical
- Amniox Medical
- Bio Compression Systems Inc.
- Hartmann USA
- Hollister Inc.
- Integra LifeSciences
- LifeNet Health
- Smith & Nephew
- Smith & Nephew Biotherapeutics
- Soluble Systems
- Tactile Medical
- TEI Biosciences
- Tissue Regenix
- WoundZoom, Inc.